6) It is the responsibility of the client:a. To remove valuable and/or fragile items from the areas to be decorated.b. To remove pictures and other wall-hangings.c. To remove electrical goods.
7) Assistance can be provided with the repositioning and/or removal of bulky furniture items and white goods, but will incur an additional charge. We reserve the right to decline to move white goods if the condition or position of the plumbing may incur a higher than normal risk of damage to the equipment or property. We reserve the right to decline to move particularly heavy or bulky items if they present a higher than accepted health and safety risk.
8) It is not normally necessary to remove radiators, but if their removal is necessary then it is the responsibility of the client to arrange their removal and subsequent replacement.
9) We will take every possible precaution to ensure that all vulnerable areas and any objects left in the work area are carefully and thoroughly covered and/or masked. However, there will always remain a very small risk of overspill or dust getting past these precautions. In the rare event of overspill, dust or other cosmetic damage, we will endeavour to ensure that it is satisfactorily cleaned.
10) Where items cannot be covered or protected, but could easily have been removed, we will request that they are removed before work commences. We cannot be held liable for damage to such items if they are not removed after such a request.
11) We may on occasion request that tools be left on site overnight. The client reserves the right to decline such requests with the caveat that the financial cost of any loss or damage to tools while left on site may be charged to the client.The client will be expected to provide electrical power, running water and toilet facilities where reasonably possible.